This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Zoom Adds Meeting Focus Mode, Phone Privacy Options
- Focus Mode — Revealed in a blog post last week, this meeting view allows attendees to see only their own and host/co-host videostreams, as well as shared content. Meantime, meeting hosts and co-hosts have the option of viewing participants in gallery mode, so they can see them at the same time, Zoom said
- Mobile, desktop meeting transfer — Zoom participants can now transfer meetings from a mobile to desktop client and vice versa
- Screen-sharing settings for meetings with external participants — Zoom admins can restrict what users or groups can share their screens when a guest participant joins a meeting
- Automatic reactions for iPad — iPad users can now raise their hands or give a thumbs-up to trigger a corresponding reaction during a meeting
- Privacy for shared lines — Users of a shared line group can now prevent others from picking up a held call and listening or talking over the call. This privacy feature is available for softphone clients running version 5.7.6 or higher, Zoom said
- Call queue metrics — Via the admin dashboard, account owners and admins can now view the top 10 extensions by call or minutes usage
- Control over call monitoring privileges — Account owners and admins can customize call monitoring groups with specific privileges, such as giving a group permission to listen into a call
Are you looking for more insights into making the most of Zoom? Then, make sure to attend Enterprise Connect, which will feature several sessions related to Zoom. As a No Jitter reader, use promo code NJAL200 to save $200 on your registration. Register today!