This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Microsoft Showcases Teams, Viva Integrations
- View and edit Dynamics 365 records within Teams workflows — Dynamic 365 users can now invite anyone in their enterprise to view and collaborate on customer records directly in Teams chat or channels, Microsoft said. For example, customer service representatives can share customer case records and track follow-up tasks, Microsoft explained.
- Add a Teams meeting to appointments and capture notes — Dynamic 365 users can now add a Teams meeting when they create an appointment. Additionally, users can capture notes within Teams, which will be saved to the timeline in the Dynamics 365 record, Microsoft said.
- Automate notifications on records — Dynamic 365 users can now receive automatic notifications on updates to channels and chats. Users can set the notification frequency and set notifications to specific chats or channels, Microsoft said.
Microsoft also announced new and updated Dynamics 365 partner apps from Atlassian, SAP, Salesforce, ServiceNow, and Workday, and said it will soon enable the ability for IT admins to purchase apps and subscriptions from ISVs directly from within Teams.
Additionally, for its employee experience platform Viva, announced:
- More partner integrations — Microsoft this fall will be adding 21 integrations from partners including Qualtrics, ServiceNow, and Workday.
- APIs — GA later this year, Viva Connections APIs will allow developers to integrate with the Viva Connections dashboard. Additionally, Viva Learning APIs can pull in due dates, assignments, and other content from learning management systems. The Viva Learning APIs will be available later this year as a preview, Microsoft said.
- Resources to build Microsoft 365 apps — To help partners create and market Teams and Viva apps, Microsoft is offering 1:1 consultations with Microsoft experts who can help design and build employee solutions and marketing resources for ISVs to meet new customers, Microsoft said.
Looking for more insights on how best to leverage Microsoft Teams in your enterprise? Then make sure to attend the "Taming Teams: Delivering Exceptional User Experience with Microsoft Teams" session at Enterprise Connect! As a No Jitter reader, you can save $200 off your registration! Simply enter the promo code NJAL200 when you sign up to attend.