This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Zoom Shares New Product Features, Microsoft Updates Teams Room
- Language interpretation by default: Zoom is now offering account owners and admins to enable the language interpretation feature by default when scheduling Zoom meetings, a feature that will help create an equitable meeting experience for employees.
- Video option for Waiting Rooms: Meeting hosts can add a video when setting up the meeting Waiting Room, thus allowing participants to view the video while they wait for the host to allow them into the meeting. Zoom calls this "a seamless method for distributing important information before the meeting begins." This feature requires client version 5.7.3 or higher, and it’s available for all paid Zoom customers.
- Virtual background and watermark updates: Admins can set a default virtual background that will automatically reset at the beginning of each meeting and enable or disable visual watermark during a meeting.
- Smart Gallery support for Mac and Windows: Zoom will now offer Smart Gallery support, which displays multiple video feeds from a single conference room for Mac, Windows, and any certified USB camera.
- Zoom Rooms Controllers updated: Zoom Rooms Controllers now have a consistent look and feel to the rest of Zoom Rooms and Zoom's product with a recent update, available on most devices.
- Adding a fourth person to a three-way phone call: Zoom users have access to a beta feature that’ll allow them to add another person (or multiple other callers) to an existing three-way call. Callers can talk to the additional party before adding them to the three-way call, and participants can receive a notification when the new person joins the call.
- Group call pick-up feature updated: The group call pick-up feature has been updated with a subtler ringtone and a notification that will inform group call members when a call went to voicemail or a team member picked it up.
Separately, Zoom shared in a separate blog post that a FedRAMP-approved version of Zoom Phone, more Zoom Webinar license options, Zoom United packages, Zoom Events, Zoom Phone Power Pack, and others have been added to the General Services Administration Schedule 70.