This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Verizon Business Introduces BlueJeans Spaces, Shares Service Updates
In addition to winning the 2021 Best of Enterprise Connect Award Overall, for BlueJeans Telehealth, Verizon Business this week at the event revealed a new virtual office tool called BlueJeans Spaces and shared updates to its meeting and event services.
With Spaces, team members can meet and collaborate in a digital space with customizable 3D avatars — no need for virtual reality headsets. To simulate the in-office experience, Spaces will feature spatial audio, which makes people closer to you in the virtual space sound clearer, Verizon Business said. Additionally, Spaces features a catalog of customizable office layouts, and it allows teams to incorporate games into the digital workspace, the company added.
Each Spaces user will have a presence indicator in the virtual space to share if they are available to talk, and users can join one-on-one or group audio or video chats as they come up, Verizon Business said. Spaces users will also have access to a new BlueJeans Collaboration Board, where they can iterate ideas on a digital whiteboard, using built-in tools to add images, sticky notes, and screenshots, Verizon Business said.
For BlueJeans Meetings, Verizon Business announced:
- 1,000-person meetings — Meeting hosts can now host meetings with up to 1,000 active participants.
- Audio lock — Meeting hosts can now hard mute all participants during a meeting.
- Open breakouts — Meeting attendees in a large group can use this feature to select which breakout sessions they would like to attend.
And for BlueJeans Events, updates include:
- Closed-caption translation — BlueJeans Event platform can now provide captions in over 70 languages.
- Embeddable event recordings — With this event feature, users can take event content and drop it onto an HTML page for on-demand viewing post-event.
- Background blur — Event presenters and moderators can now blur their background through the video settings in the event.
- Simultaneous interpretation — Simultaneous interpretation can support up to five concurrent audio channels, and interpreters can set volume, audio mix, and incoming and outing languages.
Lastly, Verizon Business released a new Android-based version of the BlueJeans Rooms app for Poly devices. This new app will allow Poly Studio X30, X50, and X70 to run the Rooms app natively.