This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
SIP Trunking: Enabling Next-Generation Communications
The way people communicate at work is transforming, compared to even just five years ago. Today’s platforms take collaboration out of the meeting room and provide greater opportunities for teams to work together in real time. Employees use chat, group messaging, file and desktop sharing, and voice and video conferencing to collaborate every day, yielding tremendous gains in productivity.
For enterprises expanding their businesses across boundaries, SIP trunking is the way forward. Based on this technology, new features and capabilities on enterprise communication platforms are being launched each month. More will be revealed at major trade shows such as Enterprise Connect 2019, taking place the week of March 18 in Orlando, Fla., with the promise of revolutionizing the way organizations communicate.
- We will see new features and capabilities in enterprise collaboration tools.
- Next-generation SIP trunking will be able to support multichannel communication services delivered in a bring your own channel (BYOC) model. With this model, users are able to conduct conversations that switch between several channels.
- Voice-based inputs in the enterprise context are set to increase significantly over the next few years with keyboard-based input declining in tandem. Emails will be replaced by voice messages that can be archived, retrieved, and searched on a collaboration platform.
- Contextual communications, already used in B2C platforms, will become more important in the enterprise collaboration space.
- Storage will become more sophisticated with automation tools that ensure that all inputs on a platform, including conference calls and telepresence meetings, are recorded, documented, and archived to facilitate cross-referencing and allow access by colleagues across geographies and teams.
These rising trends promise to revolutionize productivity within collaboration, minimizing low value-added tasks and ensuring that all relevant parties have the capabilities to access relevant data any time allowing flexibility, productivity, and creativity.
These enhanced functionalities will all be carried out in the cloud, and SIP trunking, in turn, will become even more important to enable the new communications journey for the employees of the future. It is an essential enabler for these services, allowing failsafe, reliable voice delivery for domestic and international calls both within and outside the organization through the same collaboration platform.
- Virtual phone numbers that allow two-directional voice communications via a single global infrastructure
- Seamless connections between enterprise cloud-based communications infrastructures and fixed/mobile networks around the world
- High-quality connections with customers and colleagues in any country through local virtual phone numbers
- Rich business messaging that takes collaboration to the next level
- Regulatory compliance, including support for emergency calling
As a result of cloud communications and SIP trunking, communication and collaboration across boundaries have already become more accessible, organized, and secure.
Those seeking to implement cloud-based communications on a global scale must choose a telecom partner that has the scale, reliability, and strategic vision to support their digital transformation strategies.
The future of communications is here. Can you afford to be left behind? To find out more, visit www.bics.com.