This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Negotiate a Better Cloud Contract to Avoid Traps
- 60 or 90 days after contract signature
- When the solution is ready for acceptance testing by the customer
- When the solution is substantially ready for activation
- The beginning date for billing services—In each phase, the billing date should begin when numbers port for that phase.
- The end date for the contract—For all phases, regardless of the start date for services, the end date for the contract should be the same (or “coterminous”), as depicted below:
If you plan on a phased transition, you must track the date and quantity (by license or service type) of users that move during each phase. You will need this information to verify the accuracy of the billing. It’s much easier to collect this information when you’re already working with it as you prepare to port your numbers. It’s more difficult to go back and recreate the information later.
- Billing should begin when numbers are ported.
- End dates should be coterminous.
- Maintain a record of port dates and quantities (by license or service type) so you can reconcile your bill later.
Melissa is writing on behalf of the SCTC, a premier professional organization for independent consultants. Our consultant members are leaders in the industry, able to provide best of breed professional services in a wide array of technologies. Every consultant member commits annually to a strict Code of Ethics, ensuring they work for the client benefit only and do not receive financial compensation from vendors and service providers.