This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Facebook Targets Improved Employee Experience
Facebook this week revealed a host of updates to its collaboration platform, Workplace.
Designed with the employee experience in mind, the Workplace update features several integrations and more profile options, Facebook said. These include:
- Enhanced Q&A experience for live video — During Q&A streams, presenters can click on a question to bring it to the middle of the video screen for viewing by all. For their own viewing, the question card also includes the employee's profile.
- Cisco Webex integration — With this integration, a user can broadcast a Webex meeting to their Workplace audience.
- Microsoft plugins and calendar integrations — Enhanced plugin functionality will allow users to share content from Workplace in Microsoft SharePoint. Additionally, users can now sync Workplace events with third-party calendars like Microsoft Outlook and Google Gmail.
- More profile options —Workplace now allows users to include name pronunciation on their personal profiles, which will appear in live video Q&As as noted above. Additionally, Facebook added new emoji skin colors, along with the option to select a default.
- Knowledge Library APIs — Recently launched API functionality allows users to pull content from other platforms into Workplace’s Knowledge Library.
These updates come the same week that Facebook announced it now has seven million paid subscribers for Workplace, touting customers like Virgin Atlantic, Walmart, Booking.com, Deliveroo, AstraZeneca, Starbucks, and others.