This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Train Your End-Users to Avoid Collaboration Pitfalls
- Virtual personal assistants that capture meeting notes and transcripts, action items, highlights, and may even translate meetings into different languages in real-time
- Enhanced audio and video designed to block out background noise and improve appearances, especially in low light, or back-lit conditions
- Meeting options including breakout rooms, tiered seating, and enhanced host controls to protect against unwanted crashers
- Team collaboration improvements in security, cross-company collaboration, and integrated calling and meetings
- Assigning staff whose job it is to develop training and awareness programs
- Establish use cases to drive feature adoption. For example, if automated note-taking and action item capture via a virtual assistant reduces the time spent on meeting follow-up by 15%, that results in the additional time available for more productive tasks
- Set appropriate metrics to measure specific feature adoption and utilization
- Create a budget for training and management tools. With so much of the workforce now remote, training should focus on web-based tools that provide distance learning and that enable instructors to gauge the level of knowledge delivered to home workers.
- Leverage existing capabilities to promote awareness. For example, a team collaboration channel dedicated to “what’s new” is a good vehicle for promoting new feature enhancements and training opportunities
- Conduct regularly scheduled as well as on-demand training. Making such training mandatory, or coupling it with morale boosting efforts such as a free lunch delivery card can drive attendance.
- Continue to measure not only feature adoption, but value gained. Use surveys as well as management tools to determine if employees are benefitting from new features, what challenges they are facing, and how to address them.
About Nemertes: Nemertes is a global research-based advisory and consulting firm that analyzes the business value of emerging technologies. Since 2002, we have provided strategic recommendations based on data-driven operational and business metrics to help organizations deliver successful technology transformation to employees and customers. Simply put: Nemertes’ better data helps clients make better decisions.