MacGyver's Handbook to Deploying Skype for Business Like a Boss
In this sponsored post, Arkadin provides 10 tips that will help you unlock the full potential of Skype for Business.
Deploying Skype for Business has been known to make even the most experienced IT professional squeamish. Consolidating mission-critical workloads including instant messaging, audio conferencing, video meetings (including video room systems), screen sharing, telephony, and contact center into a single platform is a lot of responsibility for an IT organization to take on by itself. Arkadin recently asked its good friend MacGyver for his tips on deploying Skype for Business, and here's what he had to say:
- Get your boss's boss on-board - Executive sponsorship for this project is a must, and it will help get buy-in across the business
- Planning makes perfect - No two Skype for Business deployments look alike, and it's important to clearly define the scope of your project before getting started
- Crown your champions - Success is contingent on the buy-in from key influencers across the business (involve your champions early and often in the planning)
- Call for reinforcements - Global Skype deployment partners like Arkadin can help you knock it out of the park (it's already done it a few hundred times!)
- Open your mind to the cloud - Security, video interoperability, high-availability, geo-redundancy, compliance, and global telephony are now available in the cloud, too
- Shout from the rooftops - Communicating early and often with your end-user community will increase buy-in for the project
- It's a marathon, not a sprint - A phased deployment (by user group or workload) is highly recommended to ease users into the change
- All hands on deck - When your team presses the big green deploy button, mobilize the team to be ready to field questions in those first 90 days
- Train for success - Short 15- to 30-minute training sessions during the first 30 to 60 days will build an army of committed Skype users
- Geek out on the data - Don't forget to build out your success criteria so you can prove the return on value from Skype for Business with real-time data and analytics
Arkadin helps global companies deploy Skype for Business in four different deployment models -- managed service, dedicated cloud, hybrid, and multi-tenant. Join us this Wednesday, July 27, at 2 p.m. ET, for a webinar, "Skype for Business Deployment Tips That Would Make MacGyver Proud," and unlock the full potential of Skype for Business using skills that would make MacGyver proud. Register now!