Peek Into Your Wireless LANs
Keep trouble at bay using Savvius Wi-Fi adapters for capturing and analyzing wireless LAN data.
Troubleshooting wireless LANs need not be expensive nor overly complicated, and yet trying to isolate problems without the right tools can make it so. If this is your challenge, consider a Wi-Fi adapter from Savvius.
Savvius offers Wi-Fi adapters, which are part of its OmniPeek network analysis software family, in two versions -- one for 802.11ac (available for $149, including a USB device with extension cable) and another for 802.11n (available for $79, including USB device with extension cable). You can also get a bundle comprising Savvius's OmniPeek network performance management software and either two 802.11ac adapters or three 802.11n adapters.
The Wi-Fi adapters, which are lightweight and durable for fieldwork, enable you to:
- Capture wireless packet data on all standard international 802.11 channels (a/b/g/n/ac) for analysis with OmniPeek and Capture Engine for OmniPeek
- Analyze 802.11ac wireless LAN data for up to two transmit/receive streams (867 Mbps of wireless traffic) or 802.11n wireless LAN data for up to three transmit/receive streams (450 Mbps of wireless traffic)
- Analyze wireless LAN data using 20-MHz, 40-MHz, or 80-MHz channels, depending on the selected adapter
- Use multiple adapters to capture and analyze data from multiple channels simultaneously
- Perform detailed wireless LAN analysis, from Layer 2 to Layer 7, including roaming analysis
I've found adding an adapter, including registration and licensing, takes just minutes. And with that you get a powerful sniffer for use in sorting out wireless LAN issues.
In a previous No Jitter post, "Savvius Brings Affordable Network Analysis to SMBs," I mentioned that reducing the time to identify and isolate problems will reduce costs. But you need to have the right tools from the start. From there you'll find the ability to minimize business impact due to network disruptions will provide an invaluable return on your investment.