CafeX Wins Best of Enterprise Connect
Earns recognition for its lower-cost, lower-complexity approach to real-time video collaboration and communications.
For the second time in three years, CafeX Communications earns top honors in the annual Best of Enterprise Connect Award competition for exhibitors with products and services that best advance enterprise communications and collaboration.
A panel of four judges selected CafeX's Chime video collaboration app, introduced in late February, as the event's version of best in show from among seven finalists. With the Chime app, users will be able to launch and join voice, video, and chat sessions, as well as share documents and presentations. Chime not only is the realization of the WebRTC vision of real-time communications anytime from any browser, but also introduces a new architectural approach to video collaboration that holds the promise of reducing the cost and complexity of enterprise-scale video collaboration.
Judges assessed all Best of Enterprise Connect entries, and shortlisted seven finalists to move on to the final round of in-depth briefings. In addition to CafeX, the 2016 finalists are as follows:
- 8x8: a next-generation cloud-based contact center platform
- AudioCodes: CloudBond 365, an all-in-one Skype for Business appliance for the data center or customer premises
- Cisco: Cisco Spark Service, a business collaboration service from the Cisco cloud that includes messaging, meeting, and calling capabilities
- Sprint Business: Mobility-as-a-Service, an all-in-one approach to procuring wireless services, devices, and applications
- Vidyo: An offering enabling the integration of multiparty video communications and collaboration into business workflows, applications, and Internet of Things form factors
- Vonage: Vonage SmartWAN, an SD-WAN-based service for use with the Vonage MPLS network or bring-your-own broadband network connections
Following the briefings, judges ranked their top choices; all voting is independent, so any one judge cannot unduly influence the decisions of the others. CafeX Chime bubbled up for the architectural rethink it enables for video conferencing in the enterprise and its support of real-time communications.
Participating in this year's judging were: Robin Gareiss, president and founder, Nemertes Research; Zeus Kerravala, founder and principal analyst, ZK Research; Marty Parker, principal consultant, UniComm Consulting, and Co-founder, UCStrategies; and David Stein, principal, Stein Technology Group.
As mentioned, CafeX is a second-time winner. It earned the 2014 Best of Enterprise Connect Award for Fusion Live Assist, a customer interaction solution. You can find CafeX in the Expo Hall, Booth 329.