This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
Whip Your Pandemic Response Strategy Into Shape
- Your offices, and the technology that resides there, will need to adapt to distancing protocols.
- Your remote-work architecture will need to be hardened for security and optimized for quality of service.
- Your strategy will likely need to emphasize flexibility — if the virus flares up again, you’ll be back to supporting everyone remotely; if things go better, you might be able to increase office-based workforces closer to full capacity. But the overall picture will be one of continual potential for sudden change.
As our next foray into virtual events, Enterprise Connect is presenting something we’re calling a “Virtual Bootcamp” on the topic of your next stage of pandemic response. We’re calling it “Collaboration for the New Reality.” The bootcamp analogy is meant to suggest a compressed but intensive growth experience. I guess the main difference is that, while no parts of the military’s bootcamps are optional or available for time-shifted participation, ours is.
- Week 1 Kickoff Keynote: The Enterprise’s Checklist for Meeting New Workplace Challenges
- Enabling a Remote Workforce with RingCentral Message, Video and Phone
- When it Comes to Communications, Enterprise Security is a Team Sport
- Video Powering The New Digital Workplace—Anywhere
- Making the Work-from-Home Contact Center Work for Agents, Customers, and You
- Week 2 Kickoff Keynote: Real-World Lessons Learned from Enterprises’ Pandemic Responses
- UC + CC: Easy, Reliable & Better for Business
- 1 Million+ Agents Working from Home…What Could Go Wrong?
- Prepare Your Collaboration Toolset for the Return to Office