This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
The New Age of Contact Centers: 5 Speech Analytics Trends
- Quality Transcription Means Quality Data: Transcription quality should be reliable right out of the box, and your technology partner should ensure you have custom languages and topic lexicons pre-defined and installed. That can save you many hours of personal tuning. You should also ensure you can import call transcriptions into other solutions, which will add value to your existing tech stack and create a seamless workflow for visibility of action.
- The Power to Understand and Predict: AI can help you quickly understand complex data in ways much deeper than just understanding trending topics. In addition to dialogue transcription and text analytics, speech solutions should also provide acoustic analytics to detect silent time, over talk and vocal emotion. That enables more ways to see what topics are driving the negative or positive customer impact and helps agents learn to solve customer pain in a way that increases satisfaction.
- Automate Analysis and Empower Your Teams: Look at speech analytics from the lens of quality assurance: you now can automate call evaluation, which replaces a lengthy manual process of QA listening to calls to evaluate agent performance. Having this automatic evaluation of each call or all for a specific agent or team, is of significant value and will enable time to be spent coaching for excellence. By giving frontline agents their own dashboard, you can empower them to self-coach and improve areas of poor performance, especially crucial in remote working environments.
- Future Proof Your Business: Think about your needs today, but stay agile in your approach. Avoid the per-seat model of buying speech analytics as you may find your workforce evolving into one that is both call center and remote. You must able to flex up or down rapidly. Equally, while your demand remains steady, you could have a broader mix of shifts and a greater number of employees, so create a plan that maximizes occupancy and productivity. Also, make sure your chosen technology partner has an agile and significant roadmap that can grow with you.
- Value Realization: Work with your partner upfront to make sure the solution is easy to use, intuitive, and quick to deploy. Gone are the days of waiting nine to 12 months to get an on-premise solution stood up and then another 90 days to fine-tune before getting accurate results. Ask your partner what its current user engagement number looks like — this will tell you how much users love technology. Make sure your license gives every user access to custom dashboards so everyone can see the data gold relevant to their role.
To learn more about the current state and future of speech technology, attend the Enterprise Connect Digital Conference & Expo 2020 taking place online Aug. 3 to 6. On Monday, Aug. 3, industry analyst Jon Arnold will be presenting the session, “Speech Technologies: Innovations and Use Cases,” from 4:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The session will conclude with a live chat Q&A; to participate, register now!